Sunday, August 10, 2008

Neil Patrick Harris for Out Magazine



Man’s Man
An openly gay man playing a prime-time pussy hound and securing major endorsement deals, Neil Patrick Harris is doing just what closeted actors and their minders have called impossible.
By Bill Keith

"NPH: People in the business are equally as terrified now -- but I really find it a personal thing. And maybe I’m at the end of that era. I wouldn’t even want to stereotype today’s generation. But the majority of the casting departments are gay, and a lot of the executives are. I think it’s a matter of your abilities and how you carry yourself -- I don’t behave any differently toward you right now than when I am with David [Burtka, his boyfriend] in our apartment, watching American Idol. OK, So You Think You Can Dance. [Laughs] I can see why an agent wouldn’t want to sign on a real overtly effeminate male actor -- not because I have an aversion to them but because agents might know it limits their job opportunities."

Read the full review at Out.com

3 comments:

markUK said...

Neil patrick harris was probably one of the first crushes i had on a tv star . I remember him best for Doogie howser MD . I was in love with him lol
And Chad Allen is hot too.

Although TR Knight is GROSS , hes kinda fugly, fat and looks so scruffy ( he does str8 acting far too well)... his hair looks greasy and hes got pale sweaty skin ....i just imagine he has fudgy underwear too. Wether TR knight is in character on screen or in photos at tv awards he always , ALWAYS !! looks scruffy and unwashed. he should drag his skanky ass back in the closet or get a shower at least.

Anonymous said...

NPH. I like him more and more these days.

Jr said...

We have to embrace and Love our openly Gay stars Mark. There is a teddy bear cuteness about T.R...
I Like him.